[XeTeX] issue with fontspec in TL2008

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Tue Feb 24 21:53:29 CET 2009

Thanks, Akira, for the reply and sorry for not having answered before.

Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> The problem seems to be caused by the fact that fontconfig is not able
>> to find the font.conf file. And I don't know how to generate it on Windows.
>
> kpsewhich -var-value FONTCONFIG_PATH
> may show the location of the file "fonts.conf".

d:/texmf-var/fonts/conf

> kpsewhich -var-value FC_CACHEDIR
> shows the location of cache files.
> It should be writable.

d:/texmf-var/fonts/cache

I guess I could try to copy the texmf.cnf file to "C:\Documents and
Settings\local-user\.tlportable2008\texmf-var\web2c" and there change
both variables, but I'm afraid that mktexlsr only tries to write d:
(with no success).

How can I fix this? (I don't have administrator rights on this computer.)

Thanks for your help,

Pablo