[XeTeX] Problem with mathspec and polyglossia

Andrew Moschou andmos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:48:16 CET 2009

Hi Nikos,

I already am aware of this problem and I know it needs to be fixed (I
imagine by my, I'm sure it's a mathspec issue) but I haven't had the time to
look into it. The problem comes as polyglossia requires etoolbox, and when
this is loaded, there is an attempt to define \etoolbox with \newcommand,
but mathspec already defined it. A solution might be to have mathspec
require etoolbox, instead of providing the command itself. For now, you can
put \usepackage{etoolbox} before \usepackage{mathspec}, as you've already
found.

Hope this helps,
Andrew