[XeTeX] XeLaTeX resolution

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Feb 24 13:01:39 CET 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> My publisher requires me to hand in the final PDF with crop and
> register marks (I'm not sure what are these last). Apart from the
> crop package and the memoir class options, what can you recommend me
> to deal with this request? Any experience in handing ready-to-print
> work?

In addition to setting the crop marks you should also set the trim,
crop and bleed boxes appropriately --- your printer should have
specifics on the minimums necessary.

You'll want the package atbegshi and code like to:

>>> \documentclass{minimal}
>>>
>>> \usepackage[paperwidth=630bp,paperheight=810bp]{geometry}
>>>
>>> \usepackage{atbegshi}

\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [9.0 9.0 621.0 801.0]>>}
\begin{document}
Test
\newpage
Test
\end{document}

Note the manually added special before begin{document}

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer