[XeTeX] XeLaTeX resolution

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Feb 24 07:29:00 CET 2009

On  23 Feb, 2009, at 22:16, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> By the way...
> My publisher requires me to hand in the final PDF with crop and
> register marks (I'm not sure what are these last). Apart from the
> crop package and the memoir class options, what can you recommend me
> to deal with this request? Any experience in handing ready-to-print
> work?

I use geometry to set the final (trimmed) dimensions of the bound book
(say, paperwidth=16.5truecm,paperheight=23truecm) as well as the text
area and margins specified by your publisher; see the geometry manual.

Next, I use the crop package to set the crop marks and size before
trimming as required by the printing shop. For example, if the
printing shop asks for 2cm before trimming, then, for the dimensions
above,

\usepackage[cam,width=20.5truecm,height=27truecm,center]{crop}

Best,

Axel