[XeTeX] XeLaTeX resolution

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Feb 23 16:22:40 CET 2009

Nicolas Vaughan wrote:
> Thanks, Pete.
> But isn't there a .cfg or .ini file (as with PDFTeX) where I can
> configure the x- and y-resolution?
> Nicolas
>

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Nicolas Vaughan <nivaca at gmail.com
> <mailto:nivaca at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     Where can I set up the resolution of PDF output files from Xe(La)TeX?
>     Thanks in advance!
>     Nicolas Vaughan

Hi Nicolas:

I'm no expert in these things, but I often use the command:

xelatex  -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -qq -E -r 1200"

supposing that you'll be using that output driver. I don't know what
other settings are possible with other drivers. And, of course, as Pete
pointed out, images included in the *final* PDF have their own original
resolution that has to be determined from /their/ source.

Hope that helps.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma