[XeTeX] Font not found although installed

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Feb 19 23:08:17 CET 2009

Hello Sebastien,

On 20/02/2009, at 8:31 AM, Sebastian Gerecke wrote:

> Case 2:
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
> \begin{document}
> \font\wsc="Arno Pro"
> \wsc Polyfon zwitschernd aßen Mäxchens Vögel Rüben, Joghurt und Quark.
> \end{document}
>
> gives the following error:
> #
> ! Font \wsc= not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or installed font not
> found.
> #
> <to be read again>
> #
>                    \char
> #
> l.6 \font\wsc="A
> #
>                 rno Pro"

Stop using the  babel  package,
or declare the font before  babel  is loaded.
This package changes the meaning (\catcode)
of the " character, to become active so as to
provide the shorthand way to get umlauts
(e.g., "o instead of \"o ).

> (full output: http://pastebin.com/m6093ea03 )
>
> Oh, and this only occurs with Arno Pro, if I use a different font
> in Case
> 2, everything is fine.

that's probably because their names are all just
a single word, so that you didn't need quotes
to contain the space character within the name.

> Any Ideas?

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross at maths.mq.edu.au