[XeTeX] Font "avenir" in TeX

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 01:50:53 CET 2009

O yeah, it turns out that the other guy had his settings wrong, and the search path for new fonts did not include his $HOME/.fonts :-)). No wonder xetex couldn't find it :-))

Anyway, it seems to mostly work now. He is still reporting some weirdness, e.g. when loading fontspec and *not* using any \fontspec{} commands, he claims to get "some strange Helvetica-like font", although it should be Latin Modern. I think he has a strange setting somewhere. We'll figure it out.

Wilfred