[XeTeX] issue with fontspec in TL2008

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 17 23:19:37 CET 2009

Am 17.02.2009 um 19:53 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

> Sorry for my incomplete explanation. Those fonts are installed on
> WinXP
> and OpenOffice.org is able to use them.

OO is hiding them somewhere in its interior.

> The problem seems to be caused by the fact that fontconfig is not able
> to find the font.conf file. And I don't know how to generate it on
> Windows.

Probably your PC has at least one such file. Read the manual. Check
whether it's "font.conf" or "fonts.conf" as in UNIX or something
completely different. Then find this file, copy it to a private place
and edit it. At this moment you should know where OO hides the fonts
to be able to to enter this path into the configuration file.

The important part is this block:

         <dir>/Library/Fonts</dir>
         <dir>/Network/Library/Fonts</dir>
         <dir>/System/Library/Fonts</dir>
         <dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
         <dir>/usr/share/fonts</dir>
         <dir>/var/root/Library/Fonts</dir>
         <dir>~/.fonts</dir>

It lists where to look for font files.

If you can't find anything I can send you the version of Lilypond.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
				– George W. Bush