[XeTeX] Symbol fonts?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Feb 17 23:05:37 CET 2009

> What's your operating system? If you're on a Mac, you can use the
> character palette to view Unicode encoding

  Actually, it you're on the Mac, I heartily recommend Unicode Checker
(http://earthlingsoft.net/UnicodeChecker/) that is much more advanced
than the character palette: you can look up a character by Unicode code
point or name, see all the fonts that contain a particular character,
convert back and forth from the different encoding forms, and do
normalization.

  On Windows, the equivalent is Andrew West's BabelMap, but for
Linux, I don't know if gucharmap is anything more than a character
palette.

	Arthur