[XeTeX] WinShell Program Calls for TeXLive 2008

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:55:31 CET 2009

I am not a windows user. but for using latex over xetex you should use
xelatex.exe not xetex.exe. xetex.exe is for Plain TeX over XeTeX. if you use
xelatex or xetex to compile your documents, you will get a pdf document as
your output not a dvi file and you can view that with any pdf viewer like
acroread. the equivalent to yap is dviview and I think when you install
TeXLive 2008 on Windows, you will have an icon on your desktop which is
equivalent to GSview.

I am a Plain TeX user and a linux person so I am afraid I can not help you
with your final query.

Hope this helps,

-- VK