[XeTeX] XeTeX and postscript output

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:09:57 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 05.02.2009 um 15:05 schrieb Kirk Lowery:
>
>> Is there a way to do this?
>
> In Mac OS X, when you use the print function ina PDF viewer, you can
> choose to save the PDF file as PostScript ...
>
> Another option: create your diagrams with pdfTeX (latex), convert
> them to PDF (or another graphics format) and include them in a XeTeX
> document.

It looks like the second way is what works for me, since I need to use
dvips to generate the output and then go on to some other format.

It's cumbersome. I liked xyling apart from other tree-drawing packages
for it's apparent seamless integration with a tex document source
file.

It's not a perfect world. ;-)

Thanks for the ideas.

Kirk