[XeTeX] Xetex and Arabic poetry

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:38:01 CET 2009

Vafa Khalighi wrote:
>> It *would* look even nicer with kashidas, though ;)
>>

> This is the the same poem with Kashida enabled, and no underfull \hbox
> messages appears.

When I try to compile the source document, I get the error:

! Package xepersian Error: Oops! you have not specified any font for the
Latin texts of the document. Please specify a font for the Latin texts
of the document by using \setlatintextfont CS, and then try to run
xelatex on your document again.

There doesn't seem to be a manual for xepersian, and I notice that the
bidi manual has disappeared from package. It would be very helpful to
have manuals for these.

Gareth.