[XeTeX] polyglossia: \newXeTeXintercharclass undefined

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Dec 29 06:20:16 CET 2009

Hello Igor,

On 29/12/2009, at 4:08 PM, Igor Kotelnikov wrote:

> When I load the polyglossia package, I have the following error:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.96 \newXeTeXintercharclass
>                             \xpg at normalclass
> ?
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.96 \newXeTeXintercharclass\xpg at normalclass
>
> I have installed the most recent MiKTeX 2.8. Moreover, I updated
> polyglossia to the most recent version manually since MiKTeX comes
> with an older version (dated by January 2009), which, however. has
> version higher number (1.1.0.2)  instead of currently available
> polyglossia 2009/11/20 v1.1.0. Perhaps, MiKTeX comes in wrong
> configuration but I don't know how to correct it.

No, it is not specific to MikTeX.
I get the same with
    XeTeXk, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.7 (Web2C 7.5.6)
on  MacOS X.

Presumably the primitive comes with an even later version
of XeTeX itself.

You can just hit return a couple of times to continue
processing past this point.

What I'd like to see is for Polyglossia to do a version check,
skipping this for versions that do not support \newXeTeXintercharclass .

> Transcript of compilation and source files are attached to this
> message.

Of course, updating XeTeX from sources is another option.

> Igor A. Kotelnikov
>
> <polyglossia.log><polyglossia.tex>

Cheers,

	Ross