[XeTeX] font question (beamer)

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Mon Dec 28 18:39:28 CET 2009

Bonjour,

I use beamer and need to display Indian texts on slides.

I use to use arev fonts for a nice display on slides of roman
characters but if I add \usepackage{arev}, I am unable to use Indian
otf fonts.

Here is my preamble:

\documentclass[ignorenonframetext,table,unicode]{beamer}
\usepackage{pgfpages}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{xunicode}

% \usepackage{arev}

\newcommand\grantha{%
   \fontspec[Script=Bengali,Scale=1]{e-Grantamil}}

\newcommand\tamil{\fontspec[Script=Tamil,Scale=1]{e-Grantamil}}

If I comment \usepackage{arev}, I can display Grantha and Tamil
characters, not if \usepackage{arev} is uncommented, error message is:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/e-Grantamil(0)/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 63.

Is there a way to have both: Indian char and arev fonts for roman text?

Thanks for helping.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique