[XeTeX] Comments on use of font licenses text copy?

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 16:00:56 CET 2009

People,
perhaps someone can help with a fonts-related legal question, as this is the
best place I know for asking (sorry if seems too far from tematics of list):
living in this strange world I'm pretty unsure, if I may safely copy texts of
the following font licenses as references and examples in my own work.

SIL_OFL_10
SIL_OFL_11 (should be no problem, but I've seen nobody granting that)
GUST_Font_License (well, ok, this one I don't doubt much I can)
Storm_Type_Foundry
Corefonts_EULA
Linotype_EULA
Monotype_Imaging_Inc_EULA

World is strange, because, not being a lawyer, in many www pages I read: "All
rights reserved", however, I doubt if all of the visitors are supposed to ask
first, if they may actually look at the content, which they are presented
with*.

Logically it seems, that it'd be crazy to forbid anyone saving a copy of his
own agreements with some party, but what about a case, when there is some
entity handing them out automatically and I just consider the agreement
without being bound by it, as in this case?

*] Well, ok, wikipedia makes me guess, I have to read my country's copyright
law, but anyway, as a plain text I can't like that notice or see it in other
way. Most people have never red the law either, and thus have no truly logical
reason not to live in fear whenever any tiny bit of such page is used.