[XeTeX] XeTeX/MiKTeX bug: \graphicspath does not work as intended

Igor Kotelnikov igor.kotelnikov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:37:39 CET 2009

Hello,

I looked through several old posts reporting same issues butb did not
understand whether they were fixed or not. I am using the most recent MiKTeX
and I found that

1. \graphicspath does not work with xetex as it does with latex and
pdflatex.
2. empty extension of a graphics file is not allowed in \includegraphics.

I mean that
    \graphicspath{{graphs/}}
    \includegraphics{figure}
does not work but
     \includegraphics{graphs/figure.pdf}
inserts figure.pdf located if graphs subdirectory.

Both these features (\graphicspath and empty extension ) of the graphics(x)
packages are documented in a number of latex manuals and I belived that
xelatex must follow the standards of the latex markup. I wonder if these
deviations from the latex standard is a feature of XeLaTeX itself or is it a
MiKTeX bug?