[XeTeX] Arial and Times New Roman license?

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 01:47:22 CET 2009

Hi,

> I could add, that in university for my thesis it was
> actually required to use
> exactly those fonts, so on Linux there is a good reason to
> grab such an
> opportunity in that case.

Haha. From all the strange requirements put on university theses (and other "formatted documents") I have seen in my life, this is by far the strangest :-)) Instructions for font size, line spacing, margins, page layout etc can usually be justified, but being instructed to use a particular font from a particular vendor sounds a bit like micro-management to me. I am just wondering: what happens if you include a graph made for instance with Matlab, which uses a non-allowed font for the axes labels etc?

Regards,
Wilfred

PS yes, I understand that there must be some rules on the font type, to prevent people from submitting scientific work in Comic Sans Serif - although I have seen that happen at a well-known national research institute in a respectable European country.

      Get your preferred Email name!