[XeTeX] XeLaTex and Times Ten fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Dec 19 13:28:28 CET 2009

Am 19.12.2009 um 02:51 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> Does this helps?

Font Suitcases are relics from "Classic" Mac OS, they don't work in
Mac OS X. The AFM files, erroneously brand-marked as "Alpha Files,"
are Adobe Font Metrics files and really do not belong into any Fonts
(sub)folder in Mac OS X.

PostScript fonts work somehow. Since they don't come with OpenType or
TrueType tables (built into the font files) they are just a bunch of
glyphs without attributes.

> It seems that the system has difficulties in finding which font goes
> with which one to make up a family.

I would be confused, too, of that many font files...

The single OTF file looks most useful.

>> Can you just create the XDV file and then try with xdvipdfmx and
>> xdv2pdf to create the PDF file?
>
> I still have to learn what xdv means.

XDV is the extended DVI format which XeTeX produces when invoked with
the argument "-no-pdf." The you can use xdv2pdf or xdvipdfmx to
convert this file to PDF.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no national science just as there is no national
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.
				– Anton Checov