[XeTeX] List of free Unicode fonts

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Sat Aug 29 10:35:26 CEST 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:59:35 +0100
Gareth Hughes <garzohugo at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I've noticed that there a lot of decent, free Unicode fonts
> available, some of which have interesting OpenType features to
> play with with XeTeX. I've put together the following PDF as a
> general guide and would like any suggestions or comments from the
> list. The PDF can be downloaded from:
>
> http://www.garzo.co.uk/documents/freefonts.pdf
[...]

Great work. Would you consider including Indian language
fonts? A list is at
http://www.indlinux.org/wiki/index.php/IndicFontsList

We are looking to update the list, and I would be glad to
help you in typesetting the Indic parts. I tried the last
time with XeTeX, but could not get Indic Unicode OpenType
fonts to work. Have moved to texlive on Ubuntu 9.04, and
will try again now.

Regards,
Gora