[XeTeX] رسم تصاویر با PSTricks

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Sat Aug 29 05:13:44 CEST 2009

PStricks works nicely in XeTeX, only pst-text and pst-fill don't work. You
also can use pstricks with shell scape option in PDFTeX. The easiest way is
to use auto-pst-pdf package which makes life easier. I have been using
PSTricks for a long time and still use it heavilly. There are other good
tools for drawing graphics such as PGF/Tikz, metapost, asymptote, xypic and
etc but none of these has the power PSTricks has. With PsTricks you combine
two powerful languages (Postscript language for drawing and TeX for
typesetting).

For your last question:

Till (author of PGF/TIKz) says: (
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pstricks/2008/005658.html)

`` TikZ can now do most of the things that pstricks can. (Sometimes I would
not even have

thought that we/I would be able to implement these things...).

There is one thing where I think that pstricks will stay to be more
powerful than tikz: Graphics in which text is used as a path or the
base of a path. For instance, there are packages for creating "3D"
letters, which are generated by using a normal text, turning it into a
path, then doing some postscript magic to add "depth and lights". In
pdf one simply cannot access text paths (partly for technical reasons,
partly for copyright reasons), so I think it is more or less
impossible to create these 3D letters as it is done in pstricks.

Currently, I also think that the commands for connecting nodes are
still more powerful in pstricks (although the syntax is not very
good). But we are working on this...

In general, pstricks has the great advantage that a lot of
computational stuff can be left to the postscript interpreter, where
pgf has to do the necessary computations inside TeX. For instance, if
you use pstricks to plot a function, depending on the function,
pstricks can store just the code of the function in the postscript
file, which is very fast and simple. pgf, on the other hand, will have
to evaluate all points of the function while TeX goes over the tex-
file. This takes a lot of time and results in longer files.

The main strengths of pgf are portability, better syntax (with TikZ),
transparency, more powerful shapes/nodes. I also think that
decorations are a pretty neat thing, which pstricks lacks.

According to user feedback, it seems to be an advantage that pstricks
has a short manual. A good book on TikZ would certainly help, here.''

And Herbert Voss (maintainer of PSTricks) says:
(http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pstricks/2008/005660.html):

``
Additional to what Till already pointed out.
The packages pst-text, pst-func, pst-fractal. pst-solides3d,
and pstricks-add (the differential equation part)  are
difficult to realize with tikZ. On the other hand PSTricks
is not able to tell TeX the size of the bounding box of the
image, which could be very useful for typesetting additional text ,
like labels, etc''

I think using asymtote is too much work, running
pdflatex+asy+pdflatex. On the other hand, I do not think it would be
possible to use asymptote with XeTeX to typeset labels with your
opentype fonts.