[XeTeX] XeTeX isuue in TL09 (related to PSTricks and PGF/TIKZ packages)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Aug 28 01:02:06 CEST 2009

    I've found a reason. Please see the D section in the
    file texmf/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg.
    The syntax -dCompatibilityLevel=%v is supported by dvipdfmx,
    but is not supported by xdvipdfmx.
    Please write the version number explicitly as
    -dCompatibilityLevel=1.5

    TeX Live team should correct that.

Doesn't xdvipdfmx also read dvipdfmx.cfg?  So we lose the %v
functionality if we do that.  Oh well, I guess there's no alternative.
I'll talk to ChoF and Matthias.

Not worth recompiling xdvipdfmx for this, although I hope Jonathan will
add the code for next time.  (I also wish there was only one program,
but he already knows that. :)

    -dSAFER may not be used, because it is necessary to
    read files with full path.

Necessary?  Which files?