[XeTeX] Bug with Quotes at Sentence End

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 7 18:04:40 CEST 2009

Am 07.08.2009 um 15:12 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> I think you're not looking quite closely enough; you should see a
> slight change in the space indicated by __ in
>
>      ....quotation marks."__But it should
>
> It's quite subtle, though, which is presumably why nobody has
> complained before!

For me, with TL'09, it looks as if the space is reduced. You can see
that in the simple example the capital B's are at the same position,
but the word "marks" (part of k and s are visible only) is in the
sentence with the real double quotes shifted a bit to the left, so
that less material from the k is visible. Afterwards more is visible,
so the space between the closing double quotes and the B was
obviously reduced. (Viewing at 400 %.)

Without \sfcode:	with \sfcode: