[XeTeX] Bug with Quotes at Sentence End

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Aug 7 16:31:09 CEST 2009

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Well, the line in the source
>
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8
>
> that was supposed to force saving as UTF-8 is wrong and I didn't
> notice when I copied/pasted it into TeXShop. It should have been
>
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> and I blindly saved it while my TeXShop is defaulted to MacOS Roman.
> Sigh. The double quotes are there now (and the fall back is Latin
> Modern).

Aha! Then that, too, explains what I was missing --- initially, I didn't
see the quotes either, although I have TeXShop default to UTF-8 Unicode.
And afterwards, when I pasted a XeLaTeX template I use, I /did/ see the
subtle difference.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma