[XeTeX] Bug with Quotes at Sentence End

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Aug 7 14:57:43 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Joel C. Salomon<joelcsalomon at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I�d guess some of the Unicode quote characters need to have the correct
>> \spacefactor associated with them.
>>

> And I'd guess you're right!
>
> Try adding
>
>     \sfcode"2019=0
>     \sfcode"201D=0
>
> and you should get the results you're expecting.
>
> I should add these to the standard formats, I guess.
> (unicode-letters.tex would be the place to put them.)

I used the code sent by Joel and I can't see the difference in his two
uses of quotes, i.e., the Unicode way in the first paragraph and the TeX
way in the second.

So, when I tried your solution, Jonathan, again, there was no
difference. Am I missing something?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma