[XeTeX] Linux Libertine font problem

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:46:51 CEST 2009

On 8/3/09, Mehdi Omidali <mehdioa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if it is not related to this list. I tried to use the latest
> release of the Linux Libertine font with xelatex on Miktex 2.7
> (everything is in its latest version). I compiled the following lines
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
> \begin{document}
> Th \textit{Th}
> \end{document}
>
> and I got  an incorrect character for \textit{Th}. Again when I
> replaced "Linux Libertine O" with "Linux Libertine", I got a normal
> "Th" for \textit{Th} which should be in italic but it wasn't.
> Thanks

Just for comparison, your document "works for me" using TL2009-pretest
on Ubuntu 9.04 (amd64) with the OpenType fonts:

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxlibertine/files/LinLibertineFont-4.4.1.tgz>

$ fc-list | grep Libertine
Linux Libertine:style=Bold
Linux Libertine O:style=Bold Italic
Linux Libertine O C:style=Regular
Linux Libertine O:style=Regular
Linux Libertine C:style=Regular
Linux Libertine O:style=Italic
Linux Libertine C:style=apitals
Linux Libertine:style=Italic
Linux Libertine:style=Bold Italic
Linux Libertine O:style=Bold
Linux Libertine:style=Regular

$ pdffonts mehdioa.pdf
name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
WGROIF+LinLibertineO-Identity-H      CID Type 0C       yes yes yes      5  0
QVCMZX+LinLibertineOI-Identity-H     CID Type 0C       yes yes yes      7  0

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia