[XeTeX] Linux Libertine font problem

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Tue Aug 4 02:17:15 CEST 2009

Hello Mehdi,

I use Linux Libertine (henceforward LL) frequently, and I just did a 
quick test.  I had no problems with Th in either Roman or Italic, using 
one of my own documents.

Then I compiled your code (after dropping the O from Linux Libertine O) 
and it worked fine; the Th ligature appeared correctly both times.

I typeset with XeLaTex (as obviously you do or the "article" class would 
be meaningless) and also use MiKTeX 2.7.  I run the ttf, not the otf, 
versions of LL.  I have a vague recollection of trying the .otf versions 
on Windows Vista and finding they didn't work, whereupon I switched to 
the .ttf versions--but that was quite a long time ago; wish I could 
remember more details.  Do you have both versions installed at the same 
time on your system?  That might confuse things even though you changed 
the font name.  Maybe others can figure out what's happening here.


Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> Sorry if it is not related to this list. I tried to use the latest
> release of the Linux Libertine font with xelatex on Miktex 2.7
> (everything is in its latest version). I compiled the following lines
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
> \begin{document}
> Th \textit{Th}
> \end{document}
> and I got  an incorrect character for \textit{Th}. Again when I
> replaced "Linux Libertine O" with "Linux Libertine", I got a normal
> "Th" for \textit{Th} which should be in italic but it wasn't.
> Thanks

More information about the XeTeX mailing list