[XeTeX] Linux Libertine font problem

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Tue Aug 4 02:17:15 CEST 2009

Hello Mehdi,

I use Linux Libertine (henceforward LL) frequently, and I just did a
quick test.  I had no problems with Th in either Roman or Italic, using
one of my own documents.

Then I compiled your code (after dropping the O from Linux Libertine O)
and it worked fine; the Th ligature appeared correctly both times.

I typeset with XeLaTex (as obviously you do or the "article" class would
be meaningless) and also use MiKTeX 2.7.  I run the ttf, not the otf,
versions of LL.  I have a vague recollection of trying the .otf versions
on Windows Vista and finding they didn't work, whereupon I switched to
the .ttf versions--but that was quite a long time ago; wish I could
remember more details.  Do you have both versions installed at the same
time on your system?  That might confuse things even though you changed
the font name.  Maybe others can figure out what's happening here.

David