[XeTeX] Advanced East Asian typesetting

Gerrit z0idberg at gmx.de
Thu Apr 30 20:57:25 CEST 2009

Hello List,

Sorry, I didn’t follow the discussions here for quite some time now, so I
don’t know the current state.

I wonder if it is now possible to conveniently typeset CJK?  I’m especially
interested in vertical typesetting and ruby, and also about „good“ line
spacing, kinsoku shori and such.

Is there maybe some package for this, where I can just enable \vertical and
Xelatex sets everything vertically?

All I know until now is „\XeTeXlinebreaklocale“, but apart from that, nothing
:(

Extremely nice would also be typesetting Mongolian and Manju, does anyone know
something about that?

Thanks!
Gerrit