[XeTeX] Problems with songs package

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:41:07 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have problems xelatexing documents with the songs package
(http://songs.sourceforge.net/)

I am using Windows XP SP3 and MikTeX (XeTeX, Version
3.1415926-2.2-0.999.7 (MiKTeX 2.7)), the songs package has installed
successfully (I have run songs-2.8-setup.exe) and works fine with
pdflatex.

But when I xelatex instead of pdflatex it, the output is not nice when
I want to have a landscape format. Here is a minimal sample document
with a landscape format:

\documentclass[a4paper,landscape]{article}
\usepackage[slides]{songs}
\newindex{titleidx}{titleidx}
\noversenumbers
\begin{document}
\begin{songs}{titleidx}
\beginsong{Sample Song}
\beginverse
Sample verse, sample verse
be at least two lines long.
\endverse
\endsong
\end{songs}
\end{document}

You can optionally copy and paste the part from \beginverse to
\endverse several times to produce more pages. As I said, when I
pdflatex it, the output is ok, but xetex produces a portrait-oriented
page with the verses being typeset in the upper right corner. I don't
know why.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Sven.