[XeTeX] \listoftables, hyperref and xelatex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Apr 22 09:54:55 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:31:06 +1000 schrieb Ross Moore:

>> Thanks. Do you suggest I report this issue to hyperref or dvipdfmx?
>
> Neither, for the moment.
>
> I've tested your document, with both  pdfLaTeX  and XeLaTeX .
> The problems you describe did not occur.
> All the hyperlinks work as expected.

I have tried the following:

\listfiles
\documentclass{article}
%\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{hyperref}
%\usepackage[xetex]{hyperref}
\usepackage{hyperref}
%\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\newpage
\section{AAAA\ref{B}DDDD}
\newpage
\section{B}\label{B}
\end{document}

And I get different result with pdflatex on the one side and
xelatex/latex+dvipdfm(x) on the other side:
With pdflatex in the table of contents they are three links:
AAAA and DDDD points to section 1, the 2 from \ref{B} points to
section 2.

With xelatex "AAAA2" is one link which points to section 1, DDDD is
not a link at all.

I don't know if it is impossible with the (x)dvipdfm(x) drivers to
nest this links or if is is simply a bug in the driver of hyperref
but I will report it on c.t.t.

--
Ulrike Fischer