[XeTeX] Polyglossia does not exist for Kannada - XeLaTex

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:01:33 CEST 2009

On 17 Apr 2009, at 15:43, Sreenivasa Guttal wrote:

> Interestingly, these problems dont happen without the changes I did
> for hyphenation (adding hyphenation patterns for kannada - refer
> attached files in my earlier mail).
>
> Does this point to some specification in hyphenation file?

I don't have time to do in-depth checking of your files, but as a
general rule, it's a good idea to examine and fix the first error TeX
reports, and see if that helps -- often, subsequent errors are a
result of an earlier one.

In your log file, the first error seems to be:

	! Missing number, treated as zero.
	<to be read again>
	                   {
	l.42 \defaulthyphenchar={

	?

This is pretty clear. \defaulthyphenchar is a TeX parameter that
expects a number; you haven't given it one. The usual value would be
45, or "2D if you prefer to specify it in hex -- the character code of
the ASCII hyphen character. I'd be surprised if you have a reason to
change this.

Fix that first error, and quite likely it'll affect what follows, too.