[XeTeX] hyphenation problem

Mehdi Omidali mehdioa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:41:16 CEST 2008

Jonathan Kew <jonathan at ...> writes:

> To be more accurate, it says "Not a letter", and the first line of the
> context stops after "\hyphenation{می‌"; it does not include the
> "ب". It's generally helpful if you copy/paste precise error messages
> rather than typing roughly what you think you remember.

Thanks John
The error is
! Not a letter.
l.20 \hyphenation{می‌
                         بینم}

Honestly, I am not so expert in fonts so I don't know which character is used
when I press: Shift+B.
Mehdi

> I'm a little surprised that you'd want this, actually; most Persian
> users I have known insist on keeping these kind of prefixes and
> suffixes attached to the root word, not allowing a line break. But if
> you do want hyphenation here, it should work once you set the \lccode
> of the ZWNJ character appropriately.
>
> HTH,   JK

In persian, it is said that "don't take apart two-parts words like
می بینم. But for a hyphenation, it is not bad if you break them.