[XeTeX] Merging PDF Documents with Ghostscript

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Sep 22 17:51:11 CEST 2008

Am Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:34:14 -0400 (EDT) schrieb
maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu:

>> Another way of merging two PDF files is to use the pdfpages LaTeX
>> package.
>> The texexec command-line utility may also be your friend. From the
>> ConTeXt wiki:
>>
>> Combine two or more PDF files into one file
>> texexec --pdfcombine --nobanner --result=result.pdf 1.pdf 2.pdf
>
> How can you control page numbering with these?  I see in the descriptions
> of both these utilities/ packages a lot about how to select pages to be
> included, but nothing (at a quick glance) about how page numbering works
> in the output.

pdfpages includes an external pdf with a sequel of \includegraphics
commands. As a default it issues a \thispagestyle{empty} for each page
and scales the input pages to the maximal sizes. Both can be changed.
E.g with the option pagecommand={\thispagestyle{<your page style>}} you
can add headers and footers to the pages. -> documentation of pdfpages.

--
Ulrike Fischer