[XeTeX] A Quick question

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:21:57 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:07 PM, VAFA KHALIGHI
<vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> Now this question applies to maths environments,
>
> In English we have 1.2 (read as 1 point 2 as a number in maths) but in
> Farsi, instead of the dot (or the point) we have a unicode character (066B).
> If I tell XeTeX, that change the dot to this unicode character, then
> whenever I put the dot, I will get that unicode character, so the question
> is how can I tell xetex that if we have <number1>.<number2>, treat that dot
> as the unicode character and otherwise treat it as just a dot.

It just occurred to me that this is similar to what packages like
siunitx do to get virgule decimal points instead of periods. There's a
package somewhere (the name completely escapes me) that does this
automatically in maths. Any of these approaches should be easily
customisable to use a unicode character in XeTeX instead of a plain
comma.

Hope this helps...

Will