[XeTeX] issue with xetex and geometry

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Sep 4 21:26:22 CEST 2008

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:28:15 +0200 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have TL 2007 installed on my Mandriva 2008.1 distribution, but I don't
>> get the following document compiled as expected:
>>
>> \documentclass{slides}
>> \usepackage{graphicx,color}
>> \usepackage[xdvipdfmx,screen,margin=1cm,noheadfoot,truedimen,mag=1500]{geometry}
>
>> Text should be vertically and horizontally centered, but page size is
>> wrong. What am I doing wrong?
>
> You need a geometry.cfg special for xelatex:
>
> %% geometry.cfg for XeLaTeX - version of 2008-03-26
>
> \@ifundefined{XeTeXversion}{}{%
>  %% override to use the "pdftex" driver
>  %% (i.e., \pdfpagewidth, \pdfpageheight) with XeTeX
>  \def\Gm at checkdrivers{%
>        \Gm at setdriver{pdftex}%
>  }%
> }%
>
> \endinput
>
> %% End of file `geometry.cfg'.
>

> If xelatex can find it, you can use
> \usepackage[dvips,...]{geometry} and it will work with dvips, pdflatex
> and xelatex (unless other packages or the class don't do something
> awful.)

Thanks, Urlike, for you reply and apologies for the my so much delayed
reply.

I have accidentally discovered that the issue comes from the
texlive-2007 that comes with Mandriva 2008.1. It is not actually TL2007,
but the SVN version r6295. And this concrete version seems to contain
the bug (since downgrading to TL2007 that came with Mandriva 2008.0
works fine).

Sorry for the inconveniences and many thanks for your help,

Pabl