[XeTeX] pstricks pst-math pst-plot and xelatex

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Tue Oct 28 04:33:35 CET 2008

Poking around, I found that MikTeX doesn't use the Ghostscript that I
thought it did. In MikTeX's bin directory is mgs.exe, which is
Ghostscript 8.60. It was unable to find files such as gs_init.ps (I
think this is the cause of the failure messages). The file is in "miktex
2.7/ghostscript/base" but is not being found. Setting GS_LIB in the
environment made no difference.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MikTeX, and there was no change.

I switched to TeXLive 2008, and there are no error messages, but now the
pdf file that gets produced has the axis lines, but still no blue line.
As I recall, this means the behavior I am getting is identical to what
Martin Scholz got.

The PDF and the log file are attached.

--Barry