[XeTeX] pre-loading fonts in the format?

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Sun Oct 26 20:50:55 CET 2008

On 26 Oct 2008, at 6:39 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

>> You're using what seems to be the "primary" family name, which is
>> what
>> I normally expect to work well. I wonder what it's spending the time
>> on. It would be instructive to run a test under a profiling tool, but
>> I'm not in a position to do that on an equivalent system right now
>> (don't have a Linux machine with Minion Pro available at the moment).
>>
> If you name the tool and describe which tests are needed, I can run
> them
> and send you the output.

Sorry, I don't know details of how to do this on Linux, I'd have to do
some research. (I normally do profiling on OS X, where I'm familiar
with the tools, but in this particular case that wouldn't be much help
as the font-finding routines are different.) On Linux, I expect tools
like valgrind or gprof could be used to study the behavior but I can't
give you an exact "recipe" offhand.