[XeTeX] Including jpgs

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Thu Oct 23 16:53:45 CEST 2008

Am Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:50:06 +0100 schrieb Mohamed Bana:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'd like to xetex to compile a few documents but I'm running into a problem;
>
> 1. I can't seem to include jpgs into the file i'm trying to compile. It
> seems like I have to manually convert the jpg to eps which is time
> consuming. When i use the xetex engine with context all of this is
> transparent, that is, i can use both eps and jpg when i compile with
> xetex as the engine, whilst with xelatex i have to convert the files to
> eps or it complains.

You are using the wrong graphics-driver:

(c:/Program Files
(x86)/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/dvips.def
File: dvips.def 1999/02/16 v3.0i Driver-dependant file (DPC,SPQR)
)

This means either your document or a style/class is calling graphicx
with the option dvips.

The best is to call graphicx without a driver option. In modern systems
graphicx should be clever enough to recognize xetex.

--
Ulrike Fischer