[XeTeX] XeTeX fails to notice smcp feature?

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Mon Oct 20 01:57:53 CEST 2008

On 19 Oct 2008, at 3:21 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 19/10/2008, at 12:27 PM, Ross A. Laird wrote:
>
>> Will;
>>
>> Any idea why otfinfo reports smcp as active (for Serlio), whereas
>> OpenType-info.tex does not?
>
> I'm afraid that's a question for Jonathan :)
>
> The only explanation I can think of is that smcp is only active for
> certain script/language combinations that aren't selected by default…

Could it be that you have multiple versions of the font installed
(e.g., an older Type 1 or TrueType font that doesn't have OpenType
features, in addition to the newer OTF font)? If so, it can be
difficult to predict which xetex will find and use.

What is the complete report you get from OpenType-info.tex for this
font?