[XeTeX] Transparent Fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Oct 14 13:08:46 CEST 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 3:19 PM, Arthur Butler wrote:

> Thank you for your reply, would you be able to provide an example
> code to achieve the effect?

As I noted, it's trivial.

Given a font named Example, w/ variants called Example Outline and
Example Solid one would do something like:

\newcommand{\knockedouttype}[1]{\begin{picture}(0,0)\put(0,0)
{\textcolor{white}{\fontspec{Example Solid}#1}}\end{picture}
\textcolor{black}{\fontspec{Example Outline}}}

Not tested, not even sure if I got the grouping right --- but one has
to have the fonts first.

If you don't, I'd suggest using Cenon to convert type to paths and set
the colours as desired:

http://www.cenon.info

William

--