[XeTeX] GID-only

Diederick C. Niehorster diederick at niehorster.eu
Thu Oct 9 16:49:26 CEST 2008

> What about ornaments? (which was how I misread the post)
>
> It seems to me that they're not accessible in XeTeX if memory serves.
>
> I didn't manage to do it for Adobe Jenson Pro for a recent project ---
> if it can be done, what's the magic incantation?

For XeLaTeX, I solved this as follows before:

- download Adobe's Font Development Kit:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/opentype/afdko/
- for windows, run fontplot.cmd on the font you are using. This creates a
pdf with all glyphs in the font, including their name (it seems in Adobe's
font's all glyphs have a name)
- access the glyph through (fontspec's? not sure where the command's from)
\namedglyph{<name>}

Diederick