[XeTeX] encoding radicals in traditional Chinese

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 15:24:07 CET 2008

> You can simply use TeX's \char primitive, as in
> \char"2F39, to print any Unicode character using
> the current font.

This is basically the answer I was looking for --- so let me first say, thank you very much! That is very helpful.

But now I have a different problem; and that is that when I use the \char command, nothing shows up in the generated pdf file. Presumably this is because the font I am using does not support the 2F00-2FDF range. The font I tried to use shows up in my operating system as "HanWangMingMedium", and was downloaded as a ttf file from
  http://apt.nc.hcc.edu.tw/pub/FreeSoftware/free_fonts/wangttf/

In general, if I have a ttf font file, how do I know what code range it supports?

Would anyone happen to know of any free downloadable fonts that support the traditional Chinese radicals?

Many thanks in advance,
Dan