[XeTeX] Fontspec Bug

Heba Soliman Heba.soliman at hindawi.com
Wed Nov 19 08:21:49 CET 2008

Dear Mr Will:

First of all thank you for your hard efforts in improving the fontspec
package.

Second I have a big problem that is related to my work so I need please
a quick answer.

The problem is that I am writing an arabic article and the diacritics in
some places are collapsed with the letters and I don't know why this
problem generated and how to fix it, the only thing I am sure of is that
the font has no problem as I checked with other programs as Adobe
illustrator and this problem doesn't exist:

This is my sample file:

\documentclass{amsart}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{bidi}

\setmainfont[Script=Arabic]{YakoutLinotypeLight-Regularxx.ttf}

\begin{document}

لمّا ألّا لمًّا آلّلًة لمُا

\end{document}

Please find attached the generated PDF file.

I will appreciate your quick reply. Thank you again for your efforts.

Best regards,

Heba