[XeTeX] Charis SIL glyph variants

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:20:20 CET 2008

On 18/11/2008, at 10:24 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Yes - the interface is a lot like that for AAT features, with the font
> providing human-friendly names. They also have underlying numeric IDs,
> but there's no general "registry" of these, like there is for (some)
> AAT features. I presume the feature IDs are consistent across the
> various extended-Latin fonts from SIL, for instance, but beyond that I
> don't think you can assume anything. It's up to authors to specify the
> names that their fonts support.

That's what I feared. There shouldn't be a technical problem with
supporting this, of course, but the lack of any sort of organisation
scares me a little bit :)

(I think the AAT method is best, where a back-end can query and set
known features, but where the user interface at the font level is
readable and extensible.)

I should know this already...but is there an equivalent of OpenType-
info.tex for Graphite fonts? Anything you've got lying around would
make things easier for me... :)