[XeTeX] fontspec – only XeTeX?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Nov 18 00:18:41 CET 2008

> Actually, my question is ”Should I take the time to read the fontspec
> man, if I later will use a totally different system?“

  Who knows?  The system might come to existence only in some distant
future, and in the mean time you can already take advantage of fontspec.
Besides, any system would have the same high-level features as fontspec;
most of what I mentioned earlier should be transparent to the user.  And
if Will is the one writing it, the new system would really have a very
similar user interface :-)

> Thank you very much for your detailed answer, this helped me much to
> understand the current development.

  You're welcome!

	Arthur