[XeTeX] Hyphenation & tokens

VAFA KHALIGHI vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au
Sat Nov 15 07:33:34 CET 2008

I just had two question.

1- Where does one should place hyphenation files? I am preparing persian
hyphenation and just saw some hyphenation files at
http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/hyphenation/

is this the place, I should put Persian hyphenation so that will work in
Persian documents?

2- I have heard Mr. Kew talking about XeTeX tokens especially with Asian
languages where we have English and Asian languages both in the text. I
think it just enabled the user to typest easily in both. Currently in
XePersian, we need to put an english word/sentense by using \lr{} and a
paragraph by using \begin{english}...\end{english}. My question is: can I
use XeTeX tokens for xepersian so there is actually no need for these
commands which are already defined in XePersian?

--
``Life is not empty,
There is kindness, there is apple and there is faith

One day will come,
and to a mendicant I will endow a jasmine''

-- Sohrab Sepehri