[XeTeX] Errors when compiling file using unicode-math and Asana Math

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chandra at ee.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 6 10:51:52 CET 2008

Dear Folks,

I just wanted to experiment using the asana-math fonts in conjunction
with the experimental unicode-math package.

My test file:

----------
\documentclass[11pt,a4paper,onecolumn]{article}
%
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{unicode-math} % local directory copy
%
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchLowercase}
\setmathfont{Asana Math}
\setromanfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Minion Pro}
\setsansfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Myriad Pro}
\setmonofont{Inconsolata}
%
\begin{document}
\[
e^{i\pi} + 1 = 0
\]
\end{document}
----------

fails with the error:

---------- snip -------
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/fixltx2e/fixltx2e.sty))
(./unicode-math.sty
(./unicode-math.tex) (./unicode-math-add.tex))
(./asana-test.aux)kpathsea: Illegal fontname `Cambria Math/ICU':
contains ' '

! Font \zf at basefont="Cambria Math/ICU" at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric
(TFM) fi
le or installed font not found.
\zf at preparse@Script ...\zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
                                                   \edef \zf at family@long
{\zf...
l.13 \begin{document}

?
----------

Can someone please tell me what I should do to compile the file
successfully.

FYI, I am on a PC running Kubuntu Hardy with texlive-2007 build from the
Debian source packages, ttf-oflb-asana-math built from the Ubuntu source
package, with xetex/xelatex built from SVN and with
unicode-math*.{tex|sty} downloaded from

http://github.com/wspr/unicode-math/tree/master

I do not have the Cambria Math font on my system.

Many thanks.

Chandra