[XeTeX] Arabxetex, Transiteration, Overline

Berteun Damman berteun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:48:13 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Mohammad Gharaibeh
<mgharaib at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Also I tried to overline an arabic text or word with
> (\overlin{...}) in an arabic environment, but it didn't
> work, while underlining a text work without any problem?
> Isn't the overline-option supported by arabxetex?
According the manual, you should use \aemph. The example in the manual is:

\begin{arab}[novoc]
     mi_tAl: \aemph{45} darajaT
\end{arab}

This, in turn, does use overline, according to the manual, but since
this is a math-mode command, this probably explains why it doesn't
work if you call it directly.

Berteun