[XeTeX] xelatex math problem with sqrt

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Sat May 31 15:48:37 CEST 2008

Am Thu, 29 May 2008 16:54:45 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

>> I made some tests. As far as I can see the problem disappear when I
>> set enough trace-options. It doesn't matter what options I set as
>> long as I set enough. So I think there is a timing problem.

> That's really strange; I can't imagine how timing could be important.
> Perhaps more likely there's some kind of memory allocation/
> overwriting issue, and when you start changing trace options you
> influence how the allocations and access happens.
>
> It would be good to somehow figure out what's really going on, as
> this might indicate a potential bug in any or all implementations; we
> just happen to "get lucky" on the other platforms so far, and not
> actually trigger it. Or, of course, it could be something specific to
> the MikTeX port.

Christian wrote the following in the bug report:

"I can now reproduce the issue and know where it occurs. I am not sure
whether it is a MiKTeX (or Windows) specific problem: the font_mapping
array isn't initialized with zeros. After zeroing the array (in the
init routine), the crash does not occur anymore.

The fix will be made available with the next update. Please reopen this
report, if it does not solve your problem."

--
Ulrike Fischer