[XeTeX] xelatex math problem with sqrt

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Thu May 29 17:44:59 CEST 2008

Am Thu, 29 May 2008 15:46:20 +0100 schrieb L J Davies:

> I reinstalled MiKTeX at the weekend as I did have a minor problem with it;
> for some reason the update mechanism reported that it could not find the
> executable initexmf.exe.

I think the messages (which I get to) means that initexmf can't find
some context related executables. I ignored the messages.

> I tried
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> $\sqrt{x^1_2}$
> \end{document}
>
> and this code worked for me too.

I made some tests. As far as I can see the problem disappear when I set
enough trace-options. It doesn't matter what options I set as long as I
set enough. So I think there is a timing problem.

--
Ulrike Fischer