[XeTeX] How to make PDF which is allowable to add comments

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu May 29 16:57:12 CEST 2008

On 29 May 2008, at 3:48 pm, Steven Woody wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using xelatex to generate pdf file.  But the resulting pdf is not
> allowable to adding comments and signature.  How should I tweak
> xdvipdfmx
> to do it?  Thank you.

If you're referring to use of Adobe Reader "commenting" function,
this is only available when the feature has been specifically
enabled, using an Adobe tool to create the document. It involves some
kind of proprietary extension in the PDF file.

I don't know the details, but this is a fairly common question
(search online for more info). AFAIK, no non-Adobe tools can
currently create commentable PDFs.